Policy last updated: November 22, 2022
This policy applies to the interactions Utegration has with you through its website https://www.utegration.com/ (the “Website”) or in connection with webinars and virtual networking events Utegration hosts or makes available on demand.
Please read this policy carefully before you visit or use the features of our Website or register for, attend or access a webinar or networking event that we host or make available on demand.
By visiting and using our Website or registering for, attending or accessing a virtual networking event or webinar that we host or make available on demand, you agree to the collection, use, disclosure and other processing of your personal data in accordance with this policy and as otherwise permitted and required by applicable law.
The type(s) of personal data Utegration collects from or about you depend on the context of your interactions with Utegration and the choices you make, the Website features you use, and applicable law.
Generally, subject to applicable law, we may collect:
- information about visitors to our Website, such as IP address, location (city or region), employer, browser, device type, operating system version, company who owns the device, date of access, referring website, and pages viewed;
- information provided to us by email or through the Contact Us feature on the Website, such as full name, business email address, phone number, communication and event preferences, company name, and any personal data in the body of your message; and
- event registration, on-demand viewer and marketing/advertising information, such as full name, display name, email address, company name, job title, phone number, mailing address, areas of interest, preferences, dietary preferences/restrictions, date and time of registration/access/view, and photo/likeness.
The purpose(s) for which we collect, use and disclose your personal data also depend on the context of your interactions with Utegration and the choices you make, the Website features you use, and applicable law.
Generally, subject to applicable law, we may collect, use and disclose personal data for the purposes of:
- providing customer service, including responding to requests for information and support;
- providing updates, event invitations and marketing and advertising information;
- facilitating participation in our events or webinars;
- developing new offerings, webinars and other events;
- identifying potential contacts or customers, including gauging interest in our products and services;
- Website analytics and enhancing Website experience;
- any other purpose disclosed to you at the time we collect your data; and
- any other purpose permitted or required by applicable law.
Subject to applicable law, we may share personal data with or make personal data accessible to the following parties:
- our service providers, including third parties who provide us with communications, website development and maintenance, web and data analytics, survey, refreshment preparation/delivery, SAP and cobranding, and data broker services;
- third parties in connection with a financing that we seek or a prospective or completed business transaction;
- other attendees of virtual networking events or webinars that we host; and
- as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law.
Are there risks resulting from our collection, use and disclosure of personal data?
Despite our implementation of security measures, we cannot guarantee that personal data that is transmitted to us, particularly by electronic means, will be totally secure. It is possible that third parties may unlawfully intercept or access such data.
Utegration and some of our service providers who collect, use, store, access or otherwise process your personal data may be located outside of the country where you are located, including in the United States, Canada, and Germany. Personal data transferred or stored outside of the country where it was collected will be subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) where it is transferred or stored, and may be accessible to foreign courts, law enforcement and national security authorities in the jurisdiction(s) where it is transferred or stored.
In some cases, Utegration may have access to personal data held by government and other public sector entities. Such personal data is not under Utegration’s control. Personal data held by a government or other public sector institution could be subject to a freedom of information request pursuant to any applicable public sector privacy laws.
Personal Data We Collect and Process
Utegration collects and uses personal data to provide you with the best customer experience and superior services, as well as for other important business purposes described below. We rely on a variety of legal reasons and permissions to collect and process personal data, including with your consent.
The data Utegration collects from or about you depends on the context of your interactions with Utegration and the choices you make, the Website features you use, and applicable law.
When you visit our Website, we may collect your IP address, location (city or region), browser, device type, operating system version, the date you accessed the Website, and your referring website, as well as information generated from your interactions with the Website, including the pages you viewed. We (or our service provider acting on our behalf) may also use your IP address to determine your employer or the company who owns the device you use to access the Website.
When you contact us by email or by using the Contact Us feature on the Website, we may collect your full name and business contact data, including your business email address, phone number, communication and event preferences, phone number, company name, and any personal data you include in the body of your message to us.
When you register for or attend a virtual networking event or webinar that we host, or view one of our webinars on-demand, we may collect your full name, display name, email address, company name, job title, phone number and areas of interest or preferences, and the date and time when you register for, access and/or view the webinar, and your photo or likeness. We may also collect information about your dietary preferences/restrictions and/or mailing address, if you opt-in to receive refreshments to enjoy during the webinar and/or promotional items.
When you register for, subscribe to or otherwise consent to receive our news, blog posts, complimentary customer resources and other marketing and advertising information, we may collect your full name, email address, company name, job title and areas of interest or preferences.
You have choices about the personal data you share with us; however, we require some personal data to provide you with the services and information you seek. For example, we require your contact information to respond to your information requests and provide customer support. Utegration may also be required to collect or process certain personal data to comply with legal obligations. In certain instances, Utegration may be unable to provide services or solutions if it cannot collect certain personal data, including personal data required to enter into a contract, perform our services or comply with applicable law.
Some experiences and features, like Utegration blog subscriptions and virtual networking events, work best when Utegration is able to collect and process personal data. Accordingly, where providing us with personal data is optional and you choose not to share such data with us, some experiences and features may not be available to you.
How We Collect Personal Data
The manner in which we collect your personal data also depends on the context of your interactions with Utegration and the choices you make, the Website features you use, and applicable law.
Sometimes, we may collect personal data directly from you. For example, Utegration collects personal data from you when you use our Website’s Contact Us feature, register to receive our marketing and advertising information, or register for or attend a virtual networking event or webinar that we host or view one of our webinars on demand.
We may automatically collect certain information about visitors to our Website, as described further below under “Cookies”.
We may also collect personal data from third parties, including service providers such as those that provide us with webinar hosting and registration services, as described further below under “When We Share Personal Data”.
How We Process and Use Personal Data
When we process and use personal data, we do so with your consent or as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law, including where required to operate our business, to meet our contractual and legal obligations, to protect our legal rights and intellectual property or to detect fraud and security threats. We may combine data from different sources and make inferences for these purposes. Utegration does not sell your personal data.
We may use data about Website visitors to:
- Provide superior services and develop new offerings;
- Identify or infer your or your employer’s or company’s potential interest in our products and services;
- Generate analytics data to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Website and to understand more about the demographics of our Website visitors; and
- Enhance visitors’ experience when visiting our Website, including by improving the way our Website works to help visitors quickly find what they are looking for and engage with us.
We may use the personal data of those who contact us by email or by using the “Contact Us” feature on our Website to:
- Respond to requests for information and support, including providing updates, new features, and patches to improve your experience;
- Communicate with you about how Utegration can help your business; and
- Keep you informed about the latest Utegration news, services, complimentary customer resources and appreciation events, and other marketing and advertising information (provided you consent to receiving this information or an exception to consent applies).
We may use the personal data of virtual networking event and webinar registrants, attendees and viewers to:
- Allow you to access, attend or participate in the event or webinar, including generating and sending you a link to the webinar;
- Select and send, or have one of our service providers select and/or send, you refreshments or promotional items (if you opt-in to receive such refreshments or items);
- Track and evaluate registrations, attendances and/or views of our webinars; and
- Analyze interest and attendance levels, draw inferences and plan future webinars and other events accordingly.
Additionally, we may use the personal data of registrants and subscribers to send you news, blog posts, invitations to virtual and in-person events and complimentary customer resources.
We may use your personal data for any other purpose(s) disclosed to you at the time we collect your data, provided we have obtained the required consent or provided the required notice, as dictated by applicable law.
Subject to applicable law, Utegration also uses, retains, accesses, transfers or discloses personal data when we believe that doing so is necessary to comply with applicable law, protect our customers, operate and maintain the security of our products, and protect the rights and property of Utegration, including enforcing the terms governing use of our services/products, investigating a contravention of law or contract, preventing or detecting fraud, referring a matter to law enforcement if there is a threat of theft or compromise to our intellectual property or products, or as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law.
When We Share Personal Data
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may share personal data with or make personal data accessible to the following parties:
There are certain services supplied to us by third parties. Currently, the types of service providers engaged by Utegration who may have access to, store or otherwise handle the personal data that we collect are:
- Providers of web and data analytics services, such as Hubspot and WordPress, which have access to statistics about Website visitors, as well as a visitor’s IP address, device type, operating system version, and browser type, for the purposes of ensuring that the Website is easily reached and consistently improving to provide greater value to visitors;
- Providers of communication services, including Hubspot and Momentive (owner of SurveyMonkey), which have access to information Website visitors explicitly submit, such as full names, company names, job titles and email addresses and areas of interest or preferences for the purposes of sending you news, blog posts, complimentary customer resources and other marketing information;
- Providers of website development, design and maintenance services, who have access to data about Website visitors, including company name, job title and information generated from visitors’ interactions with the Website for the purposes of improving the way our Website works to help visitors quickly find what they are looking for and engage with us;
- Providers of survey services, registration services and/or webinar hosting services, including Webex by Cisco, Microsoft Teams and Momentive Inc., who have access to registrants’ and attendees’ login information, full name, display name, email address, company name, job title, phone number, areas of interest or preferences, photo or likeness, and the date and time of registration, access and/or viewing, for the purposes of enrolling and registering attendees, hosting our webinars and networking events, displaying user avatar and profile, providing user support, authenticating and authorizing access, displaying directory information to other users during the event, and otherwise facilitating our webinars and virtual events;
- Restaurants, grocers, food delivery services and other service providers who select, prepare and deliver refreshments and/or promotional items to you if you opt-in to receive such refreshments and/or promotion items to enjoy during or in connection with a webinar or other virtual event;
- SAP marketing and cobranding partners, who have access to full names, company names and job titles for the purposes of presenting the most relevant products and services to you via our marketing communications; and
We may change or add third party service providers at any time, in our sole discretion. We encourage you to review this policy periodically to obtain updated information about Utegration’s service providers.
Sale of Business
We may disclose your personal data to third parties in connection with financing that we seek or in connection with a prospective or completed business transaction, including a merger, sale or transfer involving all or part of Utegration, or as part of a corporate reorganization or other change in legal form or corporate control.
Virtual Networking Event and Webinar Attendees
Your information, including your full name, your photo or likeness and any information you share during the event or webinar, may be shared with or visible/accessible to other attendees of a virtual networking event or webinar that we host.
Legal & Compliance
There are circumstances where we may disclose personal data without notice or consent, when required by law or lawful authority. For example, we may be compelled by legal action to release information in connection with statutory reporting obligations, search warrants, subpoenas, court orders or bankruptcy or insolvency proceedings. We may also disclose personal data without consent to investigate a potential breach of law or contract, to collect on a debt, or in certain emergency situations that threaten the life, health or security of an individual.
Google Tag Manager
Google Analytics with anonymization function
We use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, hereinafter referred to as “Google” on our website. Google-Analytics uses so-called “cookies”, text files that are stored on your computer and thereby enable an analysis of your use of the website.
The information generated by these cookies, for example time, place and frequency of your website visit including your IP address, is transferred to Google in the USA and stored there.
We use Google Analytics with the addition “_gat._anonymizeIp” on our website. In this case, your IP address is already truncated by Google within member states of the European Union or in other signatory states to the Agreement on the European Economic Area and is thus rendered anonymous.
Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of our website, compiling reports on website activity for us and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf.
If you visit our site from a mobile device (smartphone or tablet), you must delete instead, the opt-out cookie will also be deleted, so you will have to click the link again.
If you have agreed to have Google link your web and app browsing history to your Google Account and use information from your Google Account to personalize ads, Google will use your information along with Google Analytics data to create audience lists for cross-device remarketing. Google Analytics first collects your Google-authenticated ID linked to your Google Account (i.e., personal information) on our website. Google Analytics then temporarily links your ID to your Google Analytics data to optimize our target groups.
If you do not agree to this, you can opt-out by changing the settings in the “My Account” section of your Google Account.
A cookie is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit the Website. When you visit the Website again, the cookie allows the Website to recognize your browser. Cookies may store visitor preferences and other information.
Cookies provide a convenience feature to save you time, or to tell our web server that you have returned to a specific page on the Website.
The specific types of first- and third-party cookies served through our Website and the purposes they perform include:
- Essential website cookies: These cookies are strictly necessary to operate and provide you with services and features available through our Website;
- Performance and functionality cookies: These cookies are used to enhance the performance and functionality of our Website but are not essential to the operation of the Website. As described below, however, without these cookies, certain functionality on the Website may become unavailable. For example, content and offers tailored to your interests based on your previous Website activities may not be available if these cookies are disabled; and
- Analytics and customization cookies: These cookies collect information that is used by Utegration or our service providers, such as Hubspot, WordPress and Google Analytics, in aggregate form to help us understand how our Website is being used and/or how effective our marketing campaigns are, and to help us customize our Website for you. Accordingly, Hubspot, WordPress and Google may have access to statistics about Website visitors, as well as visitors’ IP address, browser type, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information, which they may use for the purposes of measuring the effectiveness of our digital communications with you. These cookies are not essential to the operation of the Website.
For more information about the cookies currently placed on our Website by third party service providers, please see:
If you do not wish to receive non-essential cookies while visiting the Utegration Website, please notify us at email@example.com. Although this may provide you with enhanced anonymity when visiting our Website, it may affect the functioning of the Website, for example by limiting the information you receive about relevant services and activities and repeating queries on information you previously provided.
How We Protect Personal Data
Utegration has implemented reasonable administrative, technical and physical measures in an effort to safeguard the personal data in our custody and control against theft, loss and unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure. We regularly review our practices to ensure they are appropriate to the sensitivity of the personal data we handle.
Examples of the measures we currently use to protect personal data include, but are not limited to:
- limiting physical access to servers on which personal data is stored;
- limiting the storage of personal data on portable devices;
- maintaining encryption standards for the electronic storage of personal data; and
- requiring that personnel who handle personal data complete training regarding the handling of personal data.
Despite our implementation of these measures, posting or transmission of data via the internet, including using the Website, by email or by other electronic means, is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee that personal data that is transmitted to us, particularly by electronic means, will be totally secure. It is possible that third parties may unlawfully intercept or access such data.
Retention of Personal Data
We generally retain personal data for only as long as it is needed to accomplish the purpose(s) for which it was collected, or as needed for authorized, legitimate or legal purposes. When personal data is no longer necessary or relevant for these purposes, we will take steps to have it deleted, destroyed, erased, aggregated or made anonymous, in accordance with applicable laws.
Third Party Links & Social Media
Rights for Canadian Residents
Your personal data may be accessed by or disclosed to employees of Utegration who have a need to know such information to perform their duties and responsibilities, including members of our marketing and/or technical support teams.
Utegration and some of our service providers who collect, use, store, access or otherwise process your personal data are located outside of Canada, including in the United States and in the Frankfurt, Germany area. Such service providers have been authorized to collect, use, disclosure or otherwise process personal data for or on behalf of Utegration for those purposes set out above. Personal data transferred or stored outside of Canada will be subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) where it is transferred or stored, and may be accessible to foreign courts, law enforcement and national security authorities in the jurisdiction(s) where it is transferred or stored.
To obtain access to written information about Utegration’s policies and practices with respect to service providers outside of Canada, or to ask questions about the collection, use, disclosure or storage of personal data by service providers outside of Canada for or on behalf of Utegration, please contact us at the information provided below.
Residents of Canada may request access to their personal data and a correction to such data if they believe it is inaccurate, subject to legal and actual limitations. If you would like to access the personal data Utegration has about you, or if you would like to have it corrected, please contact us using the contact information provided below. We may not be able to allow you to access certain personal data in certain circumstances, for example if it contains personal data of other persons, is protected by solicitor-client privilege, or where otherwise permitted or required by applicable law. Where a request for access to personal data is declined, we will generally provide reasons for declining the request.
To help protect against fraudulent requests for access to personal data, we may ask you for information to allow us to confirm that the person making the request is you or is authorized to access your data. For example, we may require you to verify your identity before you access your personal data.
In some cases, we may have access to personal data held by government and other public sector entities. Such personal data is not under Utegration’s control. Please note that personal data held by a government or other public sector institution could be subject to a freedom of information request pursuant to Canadian public sector privacy laws.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
HOW YOU CAN CONTACT US
Please send an email to our Legal Counsel at firstname.lastname@example.org, call 713-337-3888 or write to Utegration, Attn: Legal Counsel – Data Privacy, 1415 Louisiana St, Suite 2375, Houston, TX, 77002 if:
- You otherwise have a question, concern or complaint about any other matter related to our collection, use, disclosure, protection or other processing of your personal data, or you wish to opt-out of any third-party data sales; or
- You wish to withdraw your consent to our continued use, disclosure or other processing of your personal data, subject to actual and legal restrictions.