Finance4U® Regulatory Reporting
Utilities have unique and complex financial reporting requirements, including regulatory and rate case challenges.
Regulatory reports are typically created manually, using Microsoft Excel, based on disparate financial plans and systems, which is time consuming and results in data duplication and the need for increased data validation.
When regulators have questions, it is difficult to examine specific figures and assumptions which leads to cost flow tracing complexities.
The Utegration Finance4U® Regulatory Reporting Solution reduces the effort to create a rate case and respond to regulatory and intervenor questions using enhanced traceability functionality.
Allowing for both ledgers in one systems, the Universal Journal supports real-time regulatory account derivation and regulatory reporting. No reconciliation is needed between a regulatory ledger and GAAP ledger saving regulatory finance teams significant time and effort.
Integration between planning and actual financial data that creates a unified financial and regulatory planning and reporting solution. One solution, lower cost.
Ability to create custom regulatory account hierarchies to facilitate regulatory reporting and real-time correction of regulatory derivation through the solution’s custom SAP Fiori app to better understand financial positions.
Ready-to-use reporting and KPI contents for the utility industry. Leverage user-friendly front-end and familiarity of Microsoft Office workbooks for ease of use. Spend less time training your staff on a new solution and more time deriving value from robust analytics.
Real-Time Cost Flow Tracing
- Cost flow tracing logic covers both O&M and capital. In addition, the regulatory view of lower level cost objects can be achieved
Bi-Directional Cost Flow Tracing
- Backward tracing from receiving cost center or asset all the way to the original cost center
- Forward tracing from original cost center to the final receiving cost center or asset
- Ready-to-use back-end tracing logic and front-end report templates, which is not provided in the standard SAP FICO module
Real-time cost flow tracing shows all the detailed origins and purposes of costs broken down by: vendor, invoice number, personnel, materials, G/L account, regulatory account, etc.
- Adds utility-specific financial reporting to SAP, utilizing the innovations in the SAP S/4HANA platform
- Automates the regulatory reporting process, so staff can populate, verify and file reports 50 – 75% faster with fewer resources
- For regulatory reporting, reduces the effort to create a rate case and respond to regulatory and intervenor questions using enhanced traceability functionality
- Provides the ability to perform complex scenario analysis (“what-if”) for rate case design and planning
Finance4U is easily deployed in any standard configuration of SAP S/4HANA, as the code base is within the core. SAP Central Finance (On-Prem or Cloud) and full SAP S/4HANA (On-Prem or Cloud) deployments are supported.
Our Reporting Package
Finance4U includes several pre-built reports based on the SAP Universal Journal, including real-time regulatory account derivation:
- GAAP Balance Sheet and Income Statement
- FERC Balance Sheet and Income Statement
- Statement of Equity
- Statement of Retained Earnings
- Cost Flow Tracing Report
- Ad-hoc analysis template for all GAAP/FERC data
- Custom report capable