Finance4U™ Property and Lease Accounting
As an asset-intensive industry, utilities are required to comply with property and lease accounting rules for capitalization. Many utilities today use and maintain two separate systems, which is inefficient and costly.
In the past, many utilities turned to non-SAP systems to enable asset capitalization and depreciation processes. These non-SAP systems attempt to provide functionality tailored to the utilities industry. However, they also bring a series of challenges: huge amounts of data is exchanged and must be reconciled between two separate systems, causing data to be out of sync. This additional maintenance dramatically decreasing the efficiency of accounting departments and introduces additional costs to the utilities.
Our Finance4U™ Property and Lease Accounting Solution directly leverages and enhances the Universal Ledger and the new Fixed Asset module in SAP S/4HANA to simplify and streamline utility property accounting processes.
Native to SAP S/4HANA
Enables the complete capitalization process to happen directly in SAP S/4HANA.
The universal journal provides reliable and efficient bookkeeping, real-time and insightful details on costs, vendors, materials, projects, and assets.
Natively reconciled with General Ledger. Integrated to SAP EAM and Project System.
Lease Accounting integrated to SAP S/4HANA Payment and Cash Management.
Capitalization of costs according to regulation and rate jurisdiction requirements.
Asset reporting compliant to FERC standard.
Lease Contract Management, Usage, Payment, and Remeasurement Processes compliant with new accounting standard ASC 842.
Tailored for Utilities
Provides CWIP, RWIP, CCNC, and PIS asset types. Allows depreciation starting from CCC.
Support Reserve Assets, and Removal and Retirement process.
Utility-specific depreciation method. Reports to support Depreciation Study.
Support both regulated assets, and non- regulated assets. Support both Location Assets and Group Assets.
Low Total Cost of Ownership
No separate system, database, or other third-party license as prerequisite.
No data replication thus no reconciliation required.
Less maintenance and operation effort for both Business and IT departments.
Easy to implement. Less custom development.
Fully leverage investment in SAP S/4HANA Finance.
Asset Unitization Process
- Automatically generate accounting postings for field complete, unitization, trailing charges, and removal of assets
- Calculate and generate AFUDC and CAIC postings
Retirement Units Driving Cost Settlement
- Retirement unites automatically drive as-planned costs to be distributed to assets according to regulation
- Enable manual adjustment of cost distribution in utilization process
Depreciation and Depreciation Study
- Support utility-specific Reserve Asset
- Reports to support Depreciation Study
Lease Contract Management
- Lease Contract Management with usage term and payment schedule
- ROU asset and liability recognition
- Adjustment and Remeasurement
- Installable add-on package supporting all releases of SAP S/4HANA on-premise edition
- Natively leverage Universal Journal, no separate storage of data. Tight integration with S/4HANA General Ledger (FI), Controlling (CO), Fixed Asset (AA), and Account Payable (AP)
- Fiori-based user experience
- Reporting and analytics through SAP S/4HANA embedded analytics framework (CDS View) and Analysis for Office
Modern User Experience
Fiori-based UX provides property accounting managers with a thorough and holistic view on fixed assets balances, lifecycle, cost components and all the details.